Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Food for Thought and special link....

"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."

Walter Winchell
1897-1972, Journalist


I also wanted to share a link with you, in case anyone was interested in making a donation. Margie Lawson is a therapist who also happens to be an amazing writing teacher. I've learned more from Margie than probably anyone else. Below is an excerpt from her newsletter:

Please consider donating $50 for ALS research through my cousin's ALS fundraiser page. You will have two chances to win prizes valued at $450 each.

My cousin has Lou Gehrig's disease. Here we are at our family reunion in North Carolina in early July. Dennis is my hero.

I am determined to help Dennis achieve his fundraising goal for ALS research. His goal: $100,000.

I will help him reach his goal. Supporting him -- I am indomitable.

Indomitable. You've got to love the way those five syllables carry power.

Indomitable. Incapable of being overcome. Never say die.

That second definition gives me a visceral response . . . and the courage to request your support. Please join me.

I am enticing you with BIG PRIZES! You may win:

1. A 75 page Triple Pass Deep Edit -- $450 value!

2. Registration for a three-day Immersion Master Class: Deep Editing Power -- $450 value!

To date -- three people have donated. Their names are imprinted in my brain forever -- and also on a list on the ALS page on my web site. MARGIE'S AMAZING PEOPLE list.

Dennis will draw the names of the two winners on August 9th. Winners have their choice of the two prizes. Click Here for details and a link to my cousin's fundraiser page.

Dennis has raised $7,300 to date. He knows it is too late to make a difference for him. But he is striving to make a difference for the 80,000 people diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease in the next ten years. One of those 80,000 could be someone you love.

Consider making a $50 donation. It is tax deductible. Make your heart do the happy dance. Make my heart do the happy dance too.

Those who know me, know I am usually focused on all fun, all laughs, all loving the happy life. Thank you for listening and supporting me when I am serious too.

Remember the August 9th deadline. :-)

Appreciative.................Margie


I told Margie I'd post it on my blog, just as an effort to pass the word along.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!!
Peace and Love,
Alannah

No comments: