Thursday, August 27, 2009

Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole

1 can (10.75 oz) Cream of Chicken Soup
1 1/3 cups water
3/4 cup uncooked long-grai white rice
2 cups fresh or frozen vegetables
1/2 tsp. onion powder
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese

Stir soup, water, rice, vegetables and onion powder in 12" X 8" shallow baking dish.
Top with chicken. Season chicken as desired.
Cover.
Bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until done.

Top with cheese. Makes 4 servings.

I found this recipe in a junk drawer I was cleaning out. I haven't tried it, so I can't vouch for it. But it sounds good so now that it's been unearthed I'm going to try it next week.

Have a great day!!
Peace and Love,
Alannah

1 comment:

mslizalou said...

Alannah, this does sound really good. I love chicken and rice casseroles and this one is a little different than ones I've seen before. Adding to my recipe box now.