Welcome to a group very special to my heart, the Alannah Lynne Street! Street Teams were created in the 70’s by small record labels, working to spread the word about their artists, using the best form of advertising available – word of mouth. One of the most famous Street Teams of all times was the KISS Army, formed in 1975 by two teenage fans. I’d say Street Teams work!! :-D
Don’t worry, I won’t ask you to wear baggy pants, ride around on skateboards, or slap stickers with my name and book covers onto power poles and stop signs. Being a part of my street teams is much easier than that, and hopefully a lot more fun!
Do only what you’re comfortable doing. There are lots of ways you can help, and I will be exceedingly grateful and appreciative of anything you do to spread the word about my books!! Some of the ways you can help are:
• Sign up for my newsletter (It will only come out when a new book is released, or when there is something really exciting to share) – feel free to pass it along to friends on FB, Twitter… anywhere there are readers you think would enjoy my books
• Spread the word of my books to friends and family
• Take promo material to writer’s groups, conventions, etc.
• Pick one of my books for your book club (if appropriate)
• Feature interviews, reviews, excerpts, or my new book trailer on your blog, FB page, Twitter, etc.
• Like my author page and books on Amazon, and post HONEST reviews on reader-centric sites like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, Shelfari, etc.
• Ask your local library to stock my books (once they’re in print)
• Ask your local bookstore to stock my books (once they’re in print)
• Buy my books the first week of release, which helps it get onto bestseller lists
• Visit with me during online appearances (blog tours, chats, etc.)
My Street Team members are special, and I’ll work hard to ensure you have a great time, and have the chance to win lots of cool gifts! I can’t give away sequined tube tops like one popular author did - at least not yet ;-) -but below is a partial list of things you will have a chance to win:
• Name a character in my upcoming book
• Have a character named after YOU.
• Autographed books (not just mine)
• Trading cards for each book
• During the months I have a new release, I’ll give away 2 - $25 Amazon gift cards
• Get insider info on my characters, find out where my story ideas come from, playlists for each book, and see photos taken “on location” of the books’ settings.
• Participate in monthly chats through the FB group
• Random monthly drawings will include gift cards, books, and other fun stuff
As you can see, it’s pretty self-explanatory, and it’s my goal that you’ll have a whole lot more fun than work!! And hopefully you’ll make some great new friends along the way.
I’m always looking for new ideas and ways to promote my books, so if you have any suggestions, please don’t hesitate to throw it out there. If you would like to be a Beach Angel, send me a FB friend request (if we're not already friends), then message me and let me know you'd like to join. Because it's a safe-zone (closed group), it won't allow you to request directly to join.