Friday, March 20, 2009

What I'm Reading...


Barnes & Noble finally got my order in! I was in dire straits for a few days but all is well again. A couple of weeks ago I told you I was reading one of the books in Nalini Singh's Psy-Changling series. I'm now reading the fourth book in the series.

I will tell you, this one is darker than the others have been. And this one involves children. So far, nothing has happened "on scene." But just the references have been a little disturbing for me and sometimes I've skimmed over them.

As a writer, I understand the reasoning for it. She needed something that the heroine was willing to fight fore. Something so compelling and important that she would seek out her childhood friend. Who is now a man that terrifies her.

Here's the cover and the blurb from Nalini Singh's website:

Nalini Singh pulls away another dark layer of sheer desire, revealing passions unknown, in her latest novel about the world of the Psy. A ghost returns from a leopard changeling’s past, making him question everything—even his base animal instincts…

Clay Bennett is a powerful DarkRiver sentinel, but he grew up in the slums with his human mother, never knowing his changeling father. As a young boy without the bonds of Pack, he tried to stifle his animal nature. He failed...and committed the most extreme act of violence, killing a man and losing his best friend, Talin, in the bloody aftermath. Everything good in him died the day he was told that she, too, was dead.

Talin McKade barely survived a childhood drenched in bloodshed and terror. Now a new nightmare is stalking her life--the street children she works to protect are disappearing and turning up dead. Determined to keep them safe, she unlocks the darkest secret in her heart and returns to ask the help of the strongest man she knows...

Clay lost Talin once. He will not let her go again, his hunger to possess her, a clawing need born of the leopard within. As they race to save the innocent, Clay and Talin must face the violent truths of their past...or lose everything that ever mattered.


I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!
Peace and Love,
Alannah

3 comments:

mslizalou said...

I just finished reading Damien by Jacquelyn Frank. It is the 4th book in her Nighwalker series. I plan on starting Noah, the final in this series tonight when I get home from work.

Silver James said...

I will never be able to read this book. The hero? His name makes me *gigglesnort* to hard to ever take him seriously. Clay Bennett is a real person here in Okie Land. He's co-owner of the NBA Thunder and has been a major buffoon for as long as I (and the DH) have known him.

I really must get Singh's books on my list, though.

Have a great Friday!

Unknown said...

You know, the worst thing about doing this on Fridays is that I always end up adding more books to my list than I'm taking away in a week! LOL

Silver, I guarantee you, the guy you know is nothing like this "Clay." He's a leopard. An amazing, dark, stalking, prowling, incredibly sexy leopard! Kind of makes me wish I was a changling.

Have a great weekend!