Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hump Day Humor...

This video clip has been around for years but it's still funny as can be (at least to everyone but the guy in the chair). LOL



Maybe it's so funny to me because it reminds me of a similar prank I played on my cousin. He's a few years older than I am and he and his friends used to come out to our farm and camp. One night I waited until about 2:00 am, when I was sure they were good and drunk and asleep!

I zipped the zippers up real tight on the tent. Slowly pulled all the spikes out of the ground so the tent fell gently on top of them, then set off a string of firecrackers that wrapped the tent.

Watching my 6'6" cousin and his 6'2" friend crawl out of that tent was the funniest thing I'd ever seen in my 15 years of life. And they were so pissed I was pretty sure I wasn't going to see my 16th year of life!

They were way in the back of a field and it was about 1/2 mile walk back to my house. I'd parked about 3/4 of the way to where they were camping - I didn't want my car to wake them up. I was running back to my car but he got in his car and beat me there. He let the seat all the way back - knowing I couldn't move it forward without some help and also knowing I couldn't reach the clutch from where he'd repositioned the seat.

Then he chased me all over that field with his car while I ran home. Almost 30 years later we still laugh about that night!

Have a great hump day!!
Peace and Love,
Alannah

5 comments:

Silver James said...

*gigglesnort* Glad my coffee mug wasn't anywhere close to the computer!

Happy Hump Day!

mslizalou said...

Happy Hump Day! I really think your story is better than the video. Thanks for the laugh.

Luanna Stewart said...

Tee hee!!! Excellent. That one I will NOT show my boys, don't want to plant any ideas LOL.

Lu

Janet said...

I agree with Liza - your story was better (the video was good, though). If you ever write YA, you'll need to use that story - hilarious.

Janet

Unknown said...

Glad y'all enjoyed the story!!

There are very few guarantees in life, but I can say with 99% certainty that I would never be able to pull of a YA! LOL

Hope it's been a great day for everyone!