Friday, March 13, 2009

What I'm Reading...


I have enjoyed all of Susan Donovan's books but her latest, "The Girl Most Likely To..." was (in my opinion) the best so far.

I was sucked in from the very first page and literally couldn't put the book down. I carried it with me any time I left the house, in case I caught red lights or had to wait a few minutes for hubby. I found myself sneaking away from the computer multiple times through out the day to go read a few pages. Finally, yesterday, I just stopped everything and finished it.

Here's the blurb from Susan Donovan's website:

THE GIRL MOST LIKELY TO . . . , sixteen-year-old Kat Cavanaugh hitchhikes out of Persuasion, West Virginia and vows never to return. Who could blame her? She’d just stumbled upon her father’s adulterous affair, found out she was pregnant, got dumped by her boyfriend, and kicked out of her house and school . . . all in a single afternoon. Twenty years have gone by and Kat’s back—gorgeous, rich, and looking for an apology from everyone who’d turned their backs on her. First on that list is Riley Bohland, the boy who broke her heart before she could tell him about the baby. But Kat didn’t count on Riley having his own axe to grind, or that he’d be just as delicious as he was at sixteen. She also didn’t count on her heart opening at the sight of him. When their anger ignites a passion intense enough to burn through two decades of secrets and lies, Kat must question everything she thought she knew about her past. And what about her future? The only place to find the answers may be in Riley’s arms…

It's touching and at times I cried along with the heroine. It was funny and at times I laughed out loud causing the cat to look at me like I'd lost my mind. There were fun little trinkets of information dropped in here and there that cropped back up later in the book. I honestly can't say enough good things about this book and it's on my keeper shelf.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Peace and Love,
Alannah

1 comment:

mslizalou said...

Alannah, sounds like I need to add another book to my ever growing tbr pile/mountain. I just finished The Magic Knot by Helen Scott Taylor. I really enjoyed it and look forward to more books from her in the future. Now I'm reading Elijah by Jacquelyn Frank.

Have a great weekend!