Friday, March 6, 2009

What I'm Reading...

I love Nalini Singh's books. They are so rich on detail and so incredibly sensual. If you've never read one, run to the nearest bookstore or library and pick one up. The first in the series that revolves around the "changlings" and the cold-hearted, emotionless Psy-race - THE PSY-CHANGELING SERIES~BERKLEY BOOKS - is "Slave to Sensation." WOW!!!







The second in the series is the one I'm reading now, "Visions of Heat."




Here's the blurb from Nalini Singh's website:

Go deeper into the world of the Psy and the changelings, where a gifted woman sees passion in her future-a passion that is absolutely forbidden by her kind...

Used to cold silence, Faith NightStar is suddenly being tormented by dark visions of blood and murder. A bad sign for anyone, but worse for Faith, an F-Psy with the highly sought after ability to predict the future. Then the visions show her something even more dangerous-aching need...exquisite pleasure. But so powerful is her sight, so fragile the state of her mind, that the very emotions she yearns to embrace could be the end of her.

Changeling Vaughn D'Angelo can take either man or jaguar form, but it is his animal side that is overwhelmingly drawn to Faith. The jaguar's instinct is to claim this woman it finds so utterly fascinating and the man has no argument. But while Vaughn craves sensation and hungers to pleasure Faith in every way, desire is a danger that could snap the last threads of her sanity. And there are Psy who need Faith's sight for their own purposes. They must keep her silenced-and keep her from Vaughn...

I've also read the third in the series:







And soon...very, very soon...I'll be adding the rest of the series to my collection. These are keeper books. As a writer, they're great books to read and enjoy and then to go back and analyze and learn from. What makes them such great books? Why are the characters so real? Why can't I stop reading them long enough to sleep?

Hope y'all have a great weekend!! It's finally going to get warm at my house this weekend. Hope you have the same great weather that we'll be having in SE.

Peace and Love,
Alannah

2 comments:

mslizalou said...

I've never read any books by Nalini Singh, but I 2 of the books you mentioned in my tbr pile.

I'm about to start The Magic Knot by Helen Scott Thomas. I read the first few chapters on-line and can't wait to read more.

It's going to be in the 70's here too. I'm so ready for Spring to stick around. I really don't enjoy being cold. Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Hey Liza!! I'm with you on the cold. I can't stand to be cold and this has been like the winter that just won't end. 70 today and almost 80 by Sunday. Yippee!!

I went to B&N this morning and order 2 more the Psy-Changling Series (books 4 and 5). I'm absolutely fascinated by her writing and when you get around to reading them I'd love to know what you think.

I haven't heard of Helen Scott Thomas but I'm off to check out the Magic Knot.

Have a great weekend!