Thursday, April 2, 2009

Pineapple Casserole

I don't know how much you enjoy this recipe exchange program, but I'm loving it!! LOL

Monday night I made Silver's Clary Chicken and the cheesecake desert. YUM!!!

This is a simple recipe for pineapple casserole that is one of hubby's favorite dishes. We use it as a side dish but I've noticed we all tend to leave some of it on our place for last because it is kind of sweet.

1 Cup sugar
6 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 Cups grated sharp cheddar (the bagged, already shredded doesn't melt as well as real cheddar that you shred yourself)
2 (20 oz) Cans pineapple chunks, drained - Reserve 6 Tablespoons of the juice
1 Cup cracker crumbs (recommended Ritz)
8 Tablespoons (1 stick) butter, melted, plus extra for greasing the pan (I use spray Pam - the one for high heat)

Preheat oven to 350
Grease medium-sized casserole dish

In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and flour. Gradually stir in the cheese. Add the drained pineapple chunks and stir until ingredients are well combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.

In another medium bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, melted butter and reserved pineapple juice, stirring with a rubber spatula until evenly blended. Spread crumb mixture on top of pineapple mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.

2 comments:

Silver James said...

I might actually get my picky eaters to try this one! I LOVE pineapple.

Here's a quickie for the best (and easiest) biscuits ever!

Aunt Silver's Best Biscuits

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

1 1/4 Cup SELF-RISING Flour
1/2 pint (small carton) whipping cream (liquid variety)

Mix flour and whipping cream until dough forms. Roll out on floured surface to about 1 inch thick. Cut w/ glass or biscuit cutter for desired size. Bake in a greased pan with the sides of the biscuits touching for 10 to 12 minutes (until golden brown on top).

mslizalou said...

I love this pineapple casserole! I'll try and post a recipe when I get home from work. I'm loving getting all the new ones, just slow to add one.