Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Food For Thought...

"If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love. Don't be surly at home, then go out in the street and start grinning 'good morning' at total strangers."
Maya Angelou
Poet, Writer and Performer

I need to print this out and put it up on the fridge where we can see it often. When my oldest son comes home from college he always comments on how stressful it is in our house. He said we all walk around mad at each other all the time. Hmmm....maybe we should be a little less snarly and try grinning more!

Have a great day!
Peace and Love,
Alannah

PS - Thanks for the Vinegar/water tip, Silver. I've been trying salt water, and drinking tea with honey, and cough drops and a whole cocktail of other things but I'd never heard of the vinegar and water (my dad used to drink a glass of vinegar water every day because he heard it improved health - ick!!!! But he's still going strong at 81 so maybe there's something to it).

3 comments:

Silver James said...

Apple cider vinegar tastes nasty but does amazing things. The DD used to have sore throats and strep all the time. The parents of one of her softball teammates suggested it. She hasn't had strep since. First sign of a sore throat, she gargles first thing in the morning and at bedtime. Within a day or two, she's fine. I've seen the white fuzzy patches (strep) disappear after a couple of days with no antibiotics or other meds.

I like the quote. Something we all need to remember.

Luanna Stewart said...

A great quote. Unfortunately we do tend to take our loved ones for granted.

My Dad's new wife drinks cider vinegar and water every night before bed, and she's never sick. Her mother did the same and lived to 103!!!

mslizalou said...

This is a wonderful quote, and so true.

I've never tried apple cider vinegar and water, but I will make sure to keep it in my house. I have horrible allergies, so I have a sore throat way too often.