Thursday, November 18, 2010

Shrimp and Grits

Thursdays seem to be "whatever" for me here, today I'm going to go back to something I used to do and post a recipe. I had a craving for shrimp and grits last night, and I happen to have a simple recipe. Since I don't especially enjoy cooking, I enlisted "G"'s help and realized something - it's a whole lot more fun to cook when you have someone to do it with you. :)

This recipe is so easy, but it tastes sooooo good!!!

3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Frank's Red Hot or Texas Pete
1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
Spicy hot sausage (I used 3 large pieces)
3 strips of bacon
1/2 cup bell pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 Cup chicken broth
1 bunch green onions
1 Tablespoon jalapeno slices

1 1/2 Cup quick cooking grits
butter and salt to season

Shredded sharp cheddar cheese

1. Combine lemon juice, hot sauce and shrimp - set aside.

2. Cook sausage and bacon in skillet. Once cooked, add bell pepper and garlic to skillet, cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in shrimp mixture, broth, and half the green onions and jalapenos. Cook until shrimp is thoroughly cooked.

3. Cook grits according to directions.

Pour shrimp mixture over grits, sprinkle with grits and remaining green onions and EAT UP!!!

Hope you enjoy and have a fantastic Thursday!!!

Peace and love,
Alannah

No comments: