Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Food For Thought...

"Getting ahead in a difficult profession requires avid faith in yourself. You must be able to sustain yourself against staggering blows. There is no code of conduct to help beginners. That is why some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go much further than people with vastly superior talent."

Sophia Loren

AMEN!!! LOL

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday. I'm traveling today, a bitter-sweet trip. I'm headed to Ohio to see my uncle. My mom is there, and we always have a great time when we all get together, laughing, joking, telling stories.

But it's very likely this is the last time I'm going to see my uncle and that realization is about to break my heart.

So...if y'all wouldn't mind sending me some good, positive thoughts and virtual hugs while I make this drive, I'd be most appreciative. Once I get there, I'm sure it'll be easier. It's just the drive, and way too much time to think, that's going to be rough on me.

Hugs to all of you!!
Peace and love,
Alannah

3 comments:

Luanna Stewart said...

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry you have to make this trip. All that time to think can be a blessing though. You'll remember tons of good times, and arrive with stories to share - a comfort for everyone.

Take care of yourself.
Hugs.

mslizalou said...

(((Hugs))) Prayers for safe travel. I'm with Lu. Try and think about all the good times as you drive. I'm here if you need anything.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the hugs and prayers! The drive wasn't too bad. I put my mind to work plotting, and it actually cooperated! LOL