Friday, May 28, 2010

What I'm Reading...



Demonica Series - Book #2

Pleasure is their ultimate weapon . . .

Runa Wagner never meant to fall in love with the sexy stranger who seemed to know her every deepest desire. But she couldn’t resist the unbelievable passion that burned between them, a passion that died when she discovered his betrayal and found herself forever changed. Now, determined to make Shade pay for the transformation that haunts her, Runa searches for him, only to be taken prisoner by his darkest enemy.

A Seminus demon with a love-curse that threatens him with eternal torment, Shade hoped he’d seen the last of Runa and her irresistible charm. But when he wakes up in a dank dungeon chained next to an enraged and mysteriously powerful Runa, he realizes that her effect on him is more dangerous than ever. As their captor casts a spell that bonds them as lifemates, Shade and Runa must fight for their lives and their hearts—or succumb to a madman’s evil plans.


I'd heard good things about Larissa Ione, but when Janelle sang her praises, I had to rush right out and get her books. I read the first one while I was at the beach vacationing with hubby back in April and absolutely loved it! I love paranormal anyway, and teh first one was freaking fantastic!

One really fun thing about this book - the heroine is a werewolf and right now, she's about to turn for the 2nd night of the full moon. hehe...it was kind of cool to read this while looking out my window at the full moon. Totally adds to the flavor of the book. :)

I hope everyone has a fantastic Memorial Day Weekend!!!

Peace and love and special thanks to all who have, or are currently, serving!
Alannah

3 comments:

mslizalou said...

I have this one in my TBR pile. I also ran out and bought books based on Janelle's rec and am so glad I did. Love the first in the series. I'm reading James Patterson's The 9th Judgement. It is the latest in his Women's Murder Club series. Only about a 1/3 of the way in, but liking it so far.

Unknown said...

You might want to move this book up to the top of the pile. LOL I loved the fist one, but this one is even better. It's guite the rollercoaster ride.

I don't really remember much about Shade from the first one. I know he was a brother, but I don't remember much of his personality. Woah! What a tortured here (my favorite kind. LOL). And this heroine is major kick-ass, with a ton of nurturing for this hero. It's really an awesome book.

I've never ready anything by James Patterson. Isn't that terrible? It almost sounds sacriligious, or something. LOL

Silver James said...

I've got Larissa's books on my radar, just no time to whittle through my TBR pile as is! I'm reading Deirdre Knight's BUTTERFLY TATTOO on the Kindle. It's interesting but again, wish I had the time to actually sit and read. Catching snatches while I'm in line somewhere has to do for now.

Have a great weekend!