Friday, May 7, 2010

Please Welcome Luis Rodriguez


I'm thrilled to have Luis Rodriguez joining us today. Luis is the hero of Vivi Andrews' new book, THE SEXORCIST.

*leans in and whispers* He seems to be a little impatient so I'm going to get right to it.

Welcome to the blog, Mr. Rodriguez. How are you?

I’m ready to do this. Let’s skip the pleasantries and get down to business.

*clears throat* Alrighty then. What have you been up to lately?

The usual. Exorcising demons, dodging propositions. Same old, same old.

I hear that the author Vivi Andrews wrote a book featuring you and Brittany Hylton-VanDeere. Have you read it yet? If so, how accurate was it?

You mean that massive invasion of our privacy, The Sexorcist? Yeah. I’ve read it. And accurate? Please. I didn’t think Brittany was an addled twit when we first met. Not even when she rear-ended my car. I never really believed she was nuts or trying to use me or any of that other crap. It all got blown out of proportion. Artistic license.

Some people might be bothered to have their life shared with the world, how do you feel about your story being told?

How would you feel if the entire world held up a magnifying glass to your sex life? Exhibitionism has never really been my thing.

I can see where that might be a little bothersome. Can you tell us more about yourself?

My family emigrated here from Michoacan – legally. I grew up Catholic and even entered the seminary to become a priest, but the celibacy thing didn’t really stick. So I became an exorcist and started working for Karmic Consultants instead. All the righteous demon-banishing, none of the needy parishioners. Though my boss still has a god complex.

Can you tell us a bit more about Karmic Consultants?

If you’ve got a paranormal disaster, Karmic Consultants has your solution. For demon exorcism, I’m your man, but we also handle ghost infestations, curses, and psychic location of lost items. No problem too weird for KC.

Wow, that sounds fascinating. What about Brittany…can you tell us about her?

Brittany… she’s special. Unique. She sees the good in everything and makes the world around her better just by believing it will be. And she’s hot as hell. Es increible.

Can you describe yourself in three words?

Is this one of those touchy feely self-help things? Fine, I’ll play along. I’m all about family, integrity and faith. Now you wanna analyze me?

Ummm...No, I don't think so. What three words would you use to describe Brittany?

Brave, optimistic, and…heart. Brittany’s all heart.

What do you like to do for fun?

Anything with Brittany. No, Madre de Dios, I sound like a sap. Delete that. Real answer - Salsa dancing, watching Elvis movies, riding my motorcycle–Brittany makes this noise when she’s hanging on the back… ay, me encanta.

Well, Luis, thanks for being here. I know you are busy, but before you leave, do you have anything you'd like to ask my blog readers?

Since the book about Brittany and I, The Sexorcist, shows all the messed-up stuff that demon put us through at Lucy’s wedding, I want to know what’s the craziest thing that’s ever gone wrong at a wedding you’ve been to.

Oh boy. I can already imagine some of the answers your going to get to that question.

If you would like to find out more about Vivi Andrews, the author who brought Luis and Brittany's story to the page, or read the cover blurb of THE SEXORCIST, please visit her website . If you'd like to buy the book and read all those wonderful little details for yourself, click here and go to Samhains My Bookstore and More.

Thanks, again, Luis for joining us and I can't wait to hear some of the responses!

Everyone, have a fabulous Mother's Day weekend!!
Peace and love,
Alannah

10 comments:

Vivant said...

Thanks for the great interview, Luis and Alannah.

Luis, I read The Sexorcist (sorry about the invasion of privacy thing) and fell in love with Brittany and you. Just reading about Brittany put a big smile on my face and touched my heart. I have to believe you will have a very happy happily ever after.

The incident I remember from weddings I've attended is actually more of an omen...from God? On a hot August evening the minister said "Dearly beloved" and then there was a huge clap of thunder. Three years later there was a quiet dissolution.

Gillian Layne said...

Wow, what an interview! Loved it.

Silver James said...

Awesome interview. Thanks, Alannah, for bringing Luis and The Sexorcist onto my radar. I'll definitely have to check it out!

Weddings...At my own, there was a little bug that kept crawling across the priest's prayer book. He'd turn the page and the bug would crawl out and start on the new page. None of us could keep a straight face.

mslizalou said...

Great interview! You have now joined Silver in adding to my ever growing TBR pile.

Unknown said...

Hi everyone. Hi Luis!! Sorry I haven't been around before now. I had appts and errands this morning and then I came home and started mowing. 4 hours later...here I am.

Vivant - what a story. I would say that probably was some kind of omen. Sort of like me at my first wedding. When they asked if anyone knew why this couple shouldn't be married, I kept waiting for one of my friends to object for me.

*thunks head*

That should have been a HUGE red flag that I wasn't doing the right thing. LOL

Hi Gilllian! Thanks for stopping by and visiting with us today!

Silver - I can't imagine you keeping a straight face even without the bug. You just enjoy life too much. :)

Hi Liza - hehe...glad I could bring a new author to your attention. Can't let that stack get too low.

Have a great time at the booksigning this weekend and I can't wait to get the scoop!!

I'm back out to the yard, but I'll check back in in a little while.

Unknown said...

The Best Man and his girlfriend never showed up to my wedding. And considering we were on a Caribbean cruise and the only other people there were my Maid of Honor and my mom it was a bit of a disaster.

Unknown said...

Oh, Kali, that's terrible!!!

Good grief, considering the original purpose of a best man was someone who would care for the wife in case something happened to the groom, I'm glad we're not living in those days anymore. I don't imagine he'd be too reliable of a help.

If you drop back by, I've gotta know. What was his excuse. Please tell me he had severe food poisoning and was half-dead in the bathroom floor. LOL That's the only excuse I can think of that might hold water.

Anonymous said...

My Granny made tuna sandwhiches and egg salad sandwhiches for the bride (my sister) and her bridesmaids. Not thinking the groom would care (Granny wouldn't care anyway). When it came time to kiss the bride my sister not smart at all did not use a mint after the sandwhiches made her grooom nearly vomit in her mouth. Instead he turned his face and nailed his dad which was the pastor. It was great and I will never let her forget it ever!!

Unknown said...

Desi - that is a priceless story!! Too funny!

Unknown said...

His excuse was sun poisoning. But we were at his table for dinner and they were both fine. And then they started telling us about how they spent the day playing mini golf on the top deck of the ship and then surfing on the Flow Rider. In the sun.
They also tried to tell us they were running late and missed us on the dock, but we were late too (can brides ever be on time??) and we didn't see them. And we even called their room before we left ours and there was no answer. And to top it off my mom was sick as a dog that day and she still managed to show up.
So there was no real excuse. But that's okay, it just proved who our real friends were and the rest of the day was flawless. A big part of that perfection came from Vivi. Despite all the disasters in the Sexorcist, she really knows how to show a bride a good time.