Thursday, May 13, 2010

Standing the Test of Time

When I first got my iPod, I was most excited about being able to download songs I'd loved "way back." The morning radio show that I listen to did a segment like this, and it was a lot of fun to listen to callers reporting on the songs that they'd loved "back then," only to now wonder why they'd ever liked them in the first place.

So far, I haven't found any that I dislike. Mostly what's happened, I play them over and over and over for about the first week, then I'm done. LOL

I love everything .38 Special - even got to see them in concert at a bar here in my hometown about 10 years ago. That was cool!


Kidlet watches "Uncle Ted" on the outdoor channel. I swear I get a hangover just seeing the man. But I still love this song and rarely skip over it.


The summer between my junior and senior year (July 6th, to be exact), my house burned down. The only thing that remained in tact was my bedroom (although everything disintegrated when you touched it, so really, there wasn't anything salvageable). When the firefighters left and I could sneak into the gutted frame, the first thing I did was go to my record player to see if this album had surved. It had a plastic cover over it so I had hope. *snort* I have to say, I still love this song as much today as I did back then too. Sorry for the video, it's the only one I could find that had the song.


This one is okay, but I actually really like Seether's remake of it just as much, if not better.


And one final oldie but still, definitely goodie!!


What about you? Any songs you couldn't wait to download only to listen to it and think, "WTF? This isn't as awesome as I remember it being?"

Have a great day and be sure and stop by tomorrow for a special announcement and party!!!

Peace and love,
Alannah

1 comment:

Silver James said...

Ooh! George Michael and Bryan Adams! *swoon*

Genesis and Phil Collins were high on my list. And Supertramp. I wasn't too disappointed. But then my music tastes are rather specific and eclectic. LOL!