Thursday, May 21, 2009

Green Vegetable Marinade

Normally, I try to post recipes that are simple because I usually only fix recipes that are simple. I won't say this is easy, but my family absolutely loves it. I double the recipe and it still only lasts a few days. And honestly, sometimes it's therapeutic to chop the veggies. Kind of a mindless, monotonous thing that's soothing.

8 oz. petite peas, drained
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 chopped green peppers
1 small jar diced pimentos
8 oz peg corn, drained
1 cup chopped celery (my son doesn't like this so we leave it out and it's still good)
1 tsp. salt

1/2 cup sugar (I use Splenda)
1/4 - 1/2 cup oil (I use 1/4 cup olive oil)
3/4 cup vinegar

Dissolve sugar in hot oil and vinegar. Pour over vegetables. Toss lightly and chill. The longer vegetables marinade, the better. Serves 10-12 (HA! not in my house)

If anyone tries it let me know what you think.

Have a great Thursday!!
Peace and love,
Alannah

No comments: