Friday, July 16, 2010

What I'm Reading...


Here's the info from Dr. Norman Doidge's website:

The discovery of neuroplasticity, that our thoughts can change the structure and function of our brains, even into old age, is the most important breakthrough in our understanding of the brain in four hundred years.

Dr. Norman Doidge introduces principles we can all use to overcome brain limitations and explores the profound brain implications of the changing brain in an immensely moving book that will permanently alter the way we look at human possibility and human nature.


I saw this book laying on a table at the councelor's office when I was there the other day with kidlet. It's almost like it jumped off the table and into my hands. Of course, with Charles' surgery, and some of the seizure problems he's had since, I was intrigued enough to leave her office and drive straight to Barnes and Noble.

I'm just getting into it, but it's fascinating! And the things people have been able to overcome is incredible! I think if I was 25 years younger, I might want to be brain researcher. LOL Easy enough statement to make since I'll never be held to that.

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!!
Peace and love,
Alannah

2 comments:

Silver James said...

I'll be interested to see what you think after you've finished this book. Oddly enough, I just finished reading "Change Your Brain, Change Your Body," by Aniel G. Amen. MD. I'm glad I can take it back to the library. Not sure how much credence to give the guy but it was interesting in a rather, detached clinical sort of way (on my part). I'm diving into Leslie's COLD SIGHT!

Unknown said...

Silver - take the man for his word!!!! The brain scans that we had done on Grey back 5 years ago, were done at the Amen Clinic!

I know it's probably hard to believe, given the trouble that Grey seems to get into, but you wouldn't believe how much better things are since we had those scans done and could see exactly what was going on. HUGE!!

And Grey's local doctor has starting referring kids to the Amen Clinic in VA (where we went) and has seen huge results in those kids as well. I have absolutel faith and trust in what he has to say.

Good luck with Cold Sight!! LOL I won't be reading it, I'll live vicariously through all of you. LOL