Thursday, July 1, 2010

What I'm Reading....

(added after I posted my blog today) OMG!!!!! I now know that I've completely lost my mind! The glitch with Tues/Wed. posts posting at the same time were something to do with Blogger and I couldn't figure out how to fix that. They even had the right dates at the top. This...is all me!! The good news is...I have an extra day to meet this deadline!!!!! ROTFL...I can't believe I depend on the date at the top of my blogger page to let me know what day it is. I need a nice, days-long nap! But I'm going to leave this blog up for today, and tomorrow, thanks for understanding.

Before I get to what I'm reading, I'll give you a quick update on my son. He had a break from school, and at the last minute decided to come and visit us for a couple of days. It was around 12:30 Monday night/Tuesday morning, and he'd gone downtown to spend some time with his friends. (This usually works out well because we go to be pretty early, and his friends go to bed late, so he usually gets to see everyone in one trip).

He was turning left off of a major road onto a side street. He thought he had the green turn arrow, and he also thought the other car was in the turn lane. That's what he said that night. The next day, he still said the same thing, but he added, "I don't know what the hell I was thinking."

As he approached the intersection, he looked down at his lap, at the Sheetz cookie he'd just gotten. When he looked back up, he realized the other car wasn't in the turn lane, but at that point, it was too late.

To see the car, is sickening. The entire front end is gone, and the policeman kept saying over and over, "I'm just glad you guys are both okay. The way that car looks, you should be in the back of an ambulance. In fact, a guy was killed two weeks ago and his car wasn't nearly as bad as yours."

There were definitely angels watching over him, and the other guy, too. The other guy wasn't wearing a seatbelt!!! He hit his head on the window, but other than that, didn't seem to have any injuries. He went to the hospital and got checked out, but they let him go that night, saying he was fine.

Now, on to what I'm reading. I'm not reading often, just a page here and there, when I can sneak one in. This stuff with Son #1 definitely hasn't helped me in meeting this deadline, so I don't have much time to read. But when I can, it's Make Her Pay, by Roxanne St. Claire. It's one of the Bulletcatcher's books, and features Constantine Xenakis.

Here's the cover and the deets from Simon and Schuster's website:



Bullet Catcher and former Navy SEAL Constantine Xenakis has infiltrated a dive ship to discover who's plundering priceless gems from a legendary sunken Spanish galleon. When he catches Lizzie Dare red-handed in the locked treasure room, her story of a stolen ancestral legacy convinces him to work with the sexy thief instead of turning her in -- and not just because he wants to find the real culprit. Lizzie is willing to risk everything to save the Bombay Blue Diamonds from her sworn enemy, even if that means giving in to an irresistible desire to get closer to her accomplice. But when passion hits them like a rogue wave and danger surrounds them like a school of hungry sharks, their adventure on the high seas turns treacherous...and deadly.



I hope everyone has a great weekend. If you think about it, please send me lots of positive vibes and thoughts, and some virtual drinks. I think I'm going to need all of it to get this story finished and submitted. Especially because I forgot I also to have to write a synopsis!!! *thud*

Peace and love,
Alannah

2 comments:

mslizalou said...

So glad your son is okay. Sounds like it was very scary.

I'm currently reading Burned by PC Cast & Kristin Cast. It is a YA book and the latest from their House of Night series. Enjoying it so far.

Silver James said...

I'm soooo glad #1 is okay! That's so frightening, especially when you see the damage and think what might have happened. Holding good thoughts for all of you!

I'm reading Maureen Child's BEGUILED, the second novel in her Queen of the Otherworld series. I do love her hunky Fenian Warriors. ;)

FYI? Con is one of my favorite Bullet Catchers. *fans self* Oh, yeah!