Thursday, December 31, 2009

Drunken Wienies - Take 2

(I should know better than to try and write down a recipe from memory. Sheesh...Sorry, here's the corrected recipe)

These have always been a favorite at our parties and are perfect for a New Year's Eve celebration.

2 Cups Bourbon (1 1/2 cup recommended)
3 Cups Ketchup
1 Cup brown sugar
1 Bottle Heinz Chili Sauce
1 Bottle Kraft Hot BBQ Sauce (If you can't find the "hot," regular will do)
1 Clove garlic minced (I use more than this, but I like garlic. It's up to you how much to use)
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 onion chopped (optional - I don't use the onion)

Ha! Learn something new everyday. The recipe says to put all ingredients into a crockpot and cook on low for 3-4 hours. THEN add the 4 lbs cocktail wienies or hot dogs cut into bite size. Cook an additional 1-2 hours.

I don't think I've ever done that. I always just throw it all in there together and cook for the afternoon while I'm getting other stuff ready. The sauce can also be used for meatballs.

Have a safe and happy New Year's Eve!!!

Peace and love to all!
Alannah

5 comments:

Janet said...

Yummy - love bourbon! Not a big fan of wienies (mind going into gutter as I type this, not going there with it) but I would try the sauce with meatballs. Thanks.

Have a Happy New Year, Alannah. I raise my glass for a virtual toast to a healthy, prosperous 2010 to you and your family :)

mslizalou said...

I've seen a recipe similar to this one, but never one with bourbon. Will have to try this for our Super Bowl party in February.

Happy New Year, Alannah! Hope everyone has a safe and fun New Year's Eve!

Luanna Stewart said...

Love the bourbon idea. Not so crazy about hotdogs (I will not refer to them as wienies LOL) but I bet meatballs would be great in this sauce. I'll definitely try it.

Happy New Year, Alannah!!

Hugs
Lu

Silver James said...

Okay, this gives whole new meaning to "Li'l Smokies"....

And I splorted coffee when I scrolled across the title in my RSS reader. Alannah, you wicked woman, you! *bwahahaha*

That said, I got a new crockpot at Christmas. (Note: Not FOR Christmas. My old one died a couple of days before and I replaced it. Much better than the vacuum dying last Christmas Eve with a houseful of guests coming in a few hours. Nothing like standing in line at Walmart ten minutes to closing on Christmas Eve....*shudder*) I'll have to check with Lawyer Guy and see if this appeals to him before I make a grocery dash.

Happy New Year, everyone. May it bring you health, wealth, and wisdom.

Unknown said...

Ya'll are too funny! I almost made this the first line of the post: "Get your minds out of the gutter..."

But nooooo...I gave ya'll the benefit of the doubt. LOL I should have known better!

Thanks for the toast, Janet - right back at ya!

Liza - these would be great for a Super Bowl party! I hope you have a fantastic night!!

Oh c'mon, Lu. Say it with me...Weeenies. LOL If I don't see you tonight, have a great NYE!

Oh Silver, I've been at Walmart at midnight on December 23rd before. I cannot even imagine what it was like on Christmas Eve. In fact, I don't even want to try to imagine it. I'm just glad you survived!! LOL

I also got a new crockpot this year, but mine was for Christmas. Santa always brings a gift for the whole family and that was this year's. I figured it was only fair to make it for the whole family. I cook in it but they definitely eat from it!!

May the new year bring you much health, wealth - big, big book sales!! - happiness and wisdom, as well!!

Hugs to everyone!