Friday, February 19, 2010

Mac Vs. PC

I'm not reading anything right now - although I did download Leslie Kelly's Play With Me (I think that's the name) last night. I just haven't had a chance to load it onto my eReader and get started on it yet.

So, rather than talking books...let's talk computers. I need ya'lls help. My computer is giving me HUGE troubles again and I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get a new one soon. My kids are constantly proclaiming the greatness of Macs. I have several friends who have switched from PC's to Macs and have been very happy.

But I'm so resistent to change - and the thought of having to buy all new writing software, and new Quicken software, makes me a little nauseous. Plus, the Mac that I looked at the other day is about $600 more than a comparable PC. That makes me feel queezy too! LOL

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Has anyone made the switch?

Liza - glad to know the surgery went well yesterday!!!

I hope it's a great weekend for everyone!!
Peace and love,
Alannah

3 comments:

Luanna Stewart said...

Liza, I hope it's a quick recovery!

I'm a Mac, all the way. Have been since day one (late 80's). My computer has never crashed. I've never had a virus. The only thing I've had to do is buy replacement batteries for my laptops. So, sure, it's a bit more expensive, but I haven't had to pay for repairs, or had the worry about losing everything to a virus.

I have a good friend who was a staunch PC, even built her own. She switched to a Mac and LOVES it. Wonders why she waited so long.

*I receive no compensation for this endorsement* LOL

Have a great writing day!!!

Hugs
Lu

Silver James said...

While I miss the "universality" of Windows, the programs are so bloated and top heavy. My laptop is a Mac. My desktop is a little "toaster box" machine custom built for me and running LINUX. I do have Office for Mac on the laptop so I can deal with my publisher. It could have been expensive but I inherited both the machine and the programs. I run OpenOffice on the LINUX and it works quite well and is mostly compatible with Word (but for .rtf. .rtf docs aren't truly compatible with anything BUT Word, despite claims to the contrary.

The Only swears by Mac. Me? I just want something that runs with no hassle and does what I need it to do.

mslizalou said...

Thanks for all the prayers and good vibes. I'm really sore today, but feeling pretty good for the most part. Of course, the loratabs might have a little something to do with only being sore. Hope to feel up to reading by tomorrow. Right now pretty much sleeping most of the time.

I haven't switched over to Mac yet, but will when I get my next computer. Just have to save for a bit longer since they cost so much.