Thursday, February 25, 2010

iPod - high school days

This week's peek at my iPod goes back to my high school days - and a few before. When I first got my iPod there were several songs that I couldn't wait to download. Some of them withstood the test of time and were just as great as I remembered them being. Others...not so much.

Here's a few that were just as great to me!

Donny Iris - "Ah Leah." I had this song on an 8-track and it was stolen out of my car while I was parked at the high school for a football game. A big - HUGE - clue that I was dating the wrong guy should have come at the point where he made a few phone calls, found out who had broken into my car, went to his house and got my 8-track player back and found out where the tapes had all been dumped.

I didn't get the clue. I married him a few years later. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
But you know what, it was worth it because I got Son #1 out of it (who will be 23 on Saturday) so it wasn't all bad! I can't exactly say the same thing for this video. LOL



Speaking of Son #1-he's not a big Elton John fan, but he really likes Tiny Dancer

While I loved Elton John's version of "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me" I really, really love his duet of it with George Michael.




Wow...this song takes me back to band class, watching the drummers drum along with it. One drummer in particular always held my rapt attention when he was playing along with this song. LOL Mmmmm....mmmmm...mmmm...



I couldn't embed the link for "Queen's Fat Bottomed Girls," but the link below will take you to it if you want to watch it. It always cracks me up when Kidlet (who is 14) sings along with this song. I keep waiting for the day when he really completely understands what he's singing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMnjF1O4eH0

I couldn't find a video for this one either but I love, love, love Ted Nugent's "Free For All"

So how about you, any songs that you loved in high school that you just had to download onto your iPod? Was it as great as you rememebered?

5 comments:

Luanna Stewart said...

A lovely walk down memory lane. Thank you.

Janet said...

Careful, Alannah, you're showing your age when you mention 8 track tapes :)

Love, love, love Queen's Fat Bottomed Girls.

My absolute favorite high school song (at this moment because it's the first one that popped into my mind, but not the only one that I loved, I'm sure) was Meatloaf's Paradise by the Dashboard Light. Used to crank up the stereo and sing at the top of our lungs as we cruised up and down the main road in town.

I'll repeat Lu's comment - great trip down memory lane. Thanks.

Unknown said...

LOL I knew someone would comment on the 8-track thing. My oldest son and I just had a conversation about "Party-line" phones. Shewww....talk about aging myself!!

I love Paradise By The Dashboard Lights! I don't have it on my iPod because I think it's one of those songs that if I listen to it too often, I'd quickly come to dislike it. But I do love to come across it on the radio!

mslizalou said...

I remember 8 track tapes. We even had one in our car at one point. Some of my favorite groups from high school are Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, White Snake, Poison, Michael Jackson(from his Thriller days before he started looking crazy), Elton John, and Whittney Houston. I was in high school in the late 80's and my nieces now call my music oldies...kind of makes me laugh.

Unknown said...

Liza, I'm right there with you on all of those music choices.

I was always more into the metal, than anything else - an old boyfried described to me his mom as "a headbanger raising a little headbanger." Son #1 was 2 at the time!!! LOL

But I did like Michael Jackson back in the Beat It days, and when I was drunk and wanted to be mellow I'd listen to Whitney Houston. ROTFL