Monday, September 1, 2008

National Body Challenge Update

I said I'd be checking back in every week with an update on how things are going so here I am.

Still the same size and still the same weight!

Last week just didn't go as well as I had planned but every day is a new beginning and this week is a new beginning and so....I begin again! I hadn't taken in to consideration that I had a birthday last week - late happy birthday to Paula, also - and that I was going to be on a mini-vacation.

Hubby's family has a river cottage and we were there with his mom and dad, his sister and her husband and their two kids. With the hurricane season heating up we decided we needed to go ahead and empty out the two refrigerators so that if we have to go back down and do hurricane prep at the last minute, we wouldn't have to deal with any of the food.

So, what do you do when you need to clean out a refrigerator. Many of you may simply throw the food in the trash or put it in a cooler and bring it back to your home. That might have been the sensible thing to do, we decided to eat and drink our way through them.

But I've done much better today! Hubby is in agreement that he needs to get back onto some sort of a diet (his new medicine has caused him to put all the weight he lost back on) and so far today we've been back on track!

Thanks for stopping by and encouraging me and I hope you've had better success in the past week than I have. Next week, I'll have a much more positive report!!

Oh, I'll also have a new website! I can't wait for you to see it and please, tell me what you think!!

Peace and love (do you mind if I steal your line, Paula, I absolutely love it!)
Alannah

5 comments:

John said...

Hi there ! I'm brand new at blogging, just started.
I also am beginning to write a novel. A historical fiction type. Do you have any advice for writing, getting published ?

Thanks,
John

Unknown said...

Hi John,

Joining writers groups is the biggest piece of advice I could give you. Also, online writing classes are fabulous. Check out www.WriterUniv.com. They have a wide variety of classes and every one I've taken from them has been great!!

Good luck and thanks for dropping by.

John said...

Thanks ! I will check out that site for classes.

Paula R said...

Hey Alannah...you can definitely use my line...I abso love it too...I am trying to stick with you on this body Challenge...and I am trying to rope one of my friends into doing it with me...I have to print stuff out...btw...I think that eating and drinking your way through things you want to get out of the fridge is a good solution...just make a party of it...of course, we have to come up with some wonderful exercises for taking off the excess weight, right?

I am back in the States, but things aren't going so well for me...that's why I am not really in the jungle that much...I hope to see you there soon though...

Peace and love,
Paula R.

Unknown said...

Hey Paula!

I'm glad you're back in the states but I'm really sorry to hear things aren't going well.

And that makes it that much more difficult to stick with healthy eating, doesn't it? At least for me it would. I'm an emotional eater and always have been.

Hang in there and keep me posted on how you're doing. Not just the body challenge, but in general how things are going.